Tuesday, April 12, 2011

Here we go!
Coming down to the final push, Game demo's are finishing up and we are about to start scheduling demo's. So, today's blog doesn't have a real theme to it, just a mishmash of disconnected odds and ends that need clarified.

I did a demo on pseudo coding on Friday and sent the students a sample file of a partially working button as a controller for an object on the stage, with pseudo coding explaining all the code up to that point. I challenged them to work on the coding and parse it using pseudo coding to help them understand the coding better. Hopefully that will give them another tool to decipher scripting.

Most of the teams are progressing nicely, a few are not working together well and need constant prodding to continue on the path to a finished game.

I added all my students to my blog as blogs that I follow, so it should be pretty simple now to track updating by the students, and make grading much simpler to implement. To protect their privacy, you can see how I named each student.

We have just received our schedule requests for next year, but because this class falls outside our traditional Career and Technical course numbers, they were not included in the computer query to produce our schedule requests. They hope to get them printed out in the next few days, so while I won't have names or grades, just the number of enrollment requests, that will give me some idea of what I will have next year.

Time will tell.

No comments:

Post a Comment