Tuesday, October 25, 2011

I implemented a new wiki page procedure for my game design students.

For the remainder of the year, any item posted to the student wiki's must be posted in italic, must be magenta colored and must be begin flush left with the edge of the page.

I have two reasons for doing this:
First it will get the students in the habit of practicing wiki coding. This will help them develop an awareness of the importance and value of each keystroke and symbol in coding.
  1. Additionally, it will make reading the wikis, whether by me, the Globaloria team, or a researcher, uniform across all projects pages for all Wheeling Park students. This will enable me to grade projects more rapidly and track at a glance, which projects students have completed and which are still  in progress.
Here is a screen shot of the sample page I coded to demonstrate to the students, the style I wanted our wiki project pages to follow. 

2 comments:

  1. Thats really good Mr. Turbo you should give use a chance to get extra credit.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This class is so very fun and cool the most fun is where we get to play games and stuff like for school and soon we are going to make a mini game and that will be so very fun.

    ReplyDelete